Julian
Inter spem metumque iacto
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2003
- Messages
- 883
Originally posted by Asper
Beldaran, I think this is where the mouth of Sauron scene was cut from, other similar "mistakes" are:
In the pyre scene Gandalf no longer has his staff and grabs a spear to hit Denethor with. Apparently a fight scene between Gandalf and the witch king was cut out probably from just before this one.
Frodo and Sam goto the trouble of getting on the orc armour yet on the slopes of Mt. doom they are without it and no explanation. The missing scene is when they are travelling across Mordor as orc soldiers in the book.
I'd presume these will be restored for the extended cut, and I'm hoping for a better rescue of Frodo by Sam, that being the major disappointment for me.
Someone else posted something deriding(sp?) the ride to the black gates for just being a diversion.
Interesting.
I find the possible inconsistencies intriguing, given the huge attention spent to every detail of these films.
As an aside: I probably was the one deriding the ride (what alliteration!) to the Black Gate, though I wasn't trying to be derisive as such - just pointing out a seeming lack of continuity in the flow of the story. And like Beldaran, I thought the sudden disappearance of all horses a little harsh on our equine friends.
Especially if that meant the Mouth had just gobbled them all up off-screen
Anyway, what about a discontinuity thread? Anyone want to start one?

