Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

I have a feeling it maybe a bit older then most of those shows, I think it was an old hay bail truck there driving and it's around mountain roads not really in a big city more like small towns and I think the car they drop into is black but not 100% on that one
Thanks for helping guys!
 
What is this Movie?

Fairly recently made movie (I think, least based on the quality of the production) I watched about 3 months ago and really enjoyed it.

It was about a mission to Jupiter with a 2 man crew who were going to have to slingshot around Venus first. But prior to getting to Venus, the sleeping capsule was destroyed and one of the crew members was killed. The two crew members were a white guy and a black guy. The white guy died, leaving the black guy alone with only mission control helping him adjust the ship to make the maneuver around Venus. He was stuck on board..I think it was 2 years in a small space, alone. Once he got back near, he jettisoned the dead crew member to the surface. He decided to continue on to Jupiter, alone in the ship though. End of movie.

I thought it was a very good job by the lead actor, who had nothing more than an empty capsule to work with; yet he maintained the drama, suspense and sense of isolation, and you come to admire the astronaut stuck in that type of situation.

Yet, I can't recall the name of this movie now. Help please. I want to add this to my library.

Astronaut: The Last Push
 
Here is a tough one. I will be wildly impressed if anyone can help me figure this one out...
Sci-fi movie, might have been made for television for all I know. It came out in the 70's or early 80's and involved a family living out in the desert. The only scenes I remember are a tiny little alien 'dancing' on a record player (looking like claymation special effects), a giant swirling star storm toward the end, and then the family realizing they were transported somewhere; when they walk over the hillside they see this giant domed city. The end. That's all I can remember! Can anyone ferret out this movie's identity?
 
That would be 'The Day Time Ended'
W Lawrence, saying "I bet no-one can identify this forgotten niche movie" anywhere JM might be lurking... that's waving a red rag to a bull!
 
That would be 'The Day Time Ended'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080596/

on Youtube:
Junk Monkey, you have no idea how long that has been plaguing me. I've kept that memory rolling around in my brainpan for 35 years. You are THE MAN!! I am seriously offering to reward you for putting that mystery to bed for me. And I get to watch it on Youtube to boot? It is a glorious day.

Now that I know I am not worthy to be in JM's presence, I must see if he can identify mystery movie #2... with even fewer clues.
Movie from the 70's again. Horror film in a big house and amongst the evilness going on a cat attacks a woman's face. It was on Creature Feature!
 
Thank you for your praise - always welcome but totally undeserved - I just happen to be a bit of a fan of the director's weirdly flawed films. His heroes are just so wonderfully ineffectual. I witter on more about him down at the bottom of this post on my filmlist blog:
http://junk-monkey.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/novermberish-to-decemberish-but.html


Spooky house cat face

Okay, now THAT's a challenge.

I've got a couple more tucked into my brain that I'd love to go explore. One was about Atlantis I think. And these guys find it in a diving bell maybe? Ends with Atlantis crumbling around them as they escape into their diving bell/submarine/whatever.
Another was going back to the 70s for sure. All I remember was a cityscape plunged into darkness and there were these kids (teenagers?) in an apartment as gigantic ape-like creatures scaled the walls outside.

Oh, I love the reviews you did on Crocodile, Return of the Killer Tomatoes, and Eaten Alive. Return of the Killer Tomatoes made milk come out of my nose when I started laughing, but it was totally worth it.
 
One was about Atlantis I think. And these guys find it in a diving bell maybe? Ends with Atlantis crumbling around them as they escape into their diving bell/submarine/whatever.

Warlords Of Atlantis, with the great Doug McClure. I have it on DVD, don't know if it's still available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlords_of_Atlantis

BTW, does anyone know why all the buttons in this edit window have strange alien symbols instead of meaningful icons since the forum upgrade?
 
A long time ago, either the late 90's or the early 00's, I saw this great made for television science fiction movie. A expedition of scientists is sent somewhere in the polar regions, maybe Antarctica or northern Canada, to investigate an alien space ship that has been buried under the ice for thousands of years. While they think it is abandoned, they soon discover that the ship is occupied by a very large and seemingly hostile alien being. During one altercation, the alien grabs a female scientist and force feeds her this brown mush, which later turns out to be "the perfect food", with everything a human body needs. Either on their own or because the alien shows them, they discover that the aliens species seeded earth with life. Someone in the expedition says that the alien may be god. Later they find out that the the aliens did seed earth, but they did it to harvest lifeforms, including humans, for food. They learn that the alien is like a farmer, left behind to monitor the development of life on earth, and that it has called its species to harvest humanity. It could've aired on UPN, WB (now CW), Fox or ABC. I was a lot younger, and can't remember anything else. Does anyone know the title of this movie? I would really like to see it again.
 
Last edited:
Hello, (sorry for the long post) so i have this TV show (at least I think it was a TV show) that I only remember one scene of. It has been bugging me for a few years now and I can't find it.
So this scene that I remember, it comes and goes randomly and I am really curious about it, how come I remember exactly that part, it really creeps me out sometimes.
The only thing about the plot that I can remember is there was this girl/woman who was engineered or altered in some way so that she can heal instantly and feels no pain (I guess she can't die), but her cells were deteriorating constantly (like an expiration clock) so she needed blood transfusions (or some other kind of treatment regularly) to keep functioning. I guess she was fighting crime (not sure about that, but she was fighting something)
This particular scene that comes to my mind and haunts me occasionally is: So she was basically tired from this life she was having and she was sitting on the side of sidewalk and slashing her wrist, as soon as she made a cut it would heal instantly, so she did it again and again, and again frustrated that she cant feel any pain or die, she was close to death running out of time because she needed that treatment to keep her alive and her friend finally found her (I guess saved her but I don't remember).

Time period might be 90s (just a wild guess) since I am 23 years old and I saw it a really long time ago, the series was in full color I can tell that much?
So this is all I can remember I would really appreciate if someone could recognize this.

I had one other show of this kind (Seven Days) there was this one episode where guy lost his memory and acted like a child and they needed to get the information from him about the mission it was pretty fun, but i managed to find it myself.
 
Last edited:
This was pretty fast.
I have to say that the story does seam to fit pretty perfectly to what I described and I found a similar scene in S01 E02 where the main character slit her wrist vertically with a corkscrew to test out the healing ability, but in my memory she slit her wrist horizontally with a knife and did it multiple times over the same spot (this is what made it creepy) as it kept healing all the time. Also I think that the show might be a bit older than 2007 (just an assumption).
Regardless thank you for the quick response JimF :).
 
A long time ago, either the late 90's or the early 00's, I saw this great made for television science fiction movie. A expedition of scientists is sent somewhere in the polar regions, maybe Antarctica or northern Canada, to investigate an alien space ship that has been buried under the ice for thousands of years. While they think it is abandoned, they soon discover that the ship is occupied by a very large and seemingly hostile alien being. During one altercation, the alien grabs a female scientist and force feeds her this brown mush, which later turns out to be "the perfect food", with everything a human body needs. Either on their own or because the alien shows them, they discover that the aliens species seeded earth with life. Someone in the expedition says that the alien may be god. Later they find out that the the aliens did seed earth, but they did it to harvest lifeforms, including humans, for food. They learn that the alien is like a farmer, left behind to monitor the development of life on earth, and that it has called its species to harvest humanity. It could've aired on UPN, WB (now CW), Fox or ABC. I was a lot younger, and can't remember anything else. Does anyone know the title of this movie? I would really like to see it again.
Does anybody have an Idea of what the title of this movie could be?
 
Does anybody have an Idea of what the title of this movie could be?

Yeah I'm wondering too!? Besides the obvious "Thing" etc, the only other thing that I can think of to do with aliens & Arctic ice is a made-for-TV "Distant Early Warning" (part of a series called "Wide World of Mystery" I think?)... (which, btw, I am eager to see again, if anyone has it!?)
 
A long time ago, either the late 90's or the early 00's, I saw this great made for television science fiction movie. A expedition of scientists is sent somewhere in the polar regions, maybe Antarctica or northern Canada, to investigate an alien space ship that has been buried under the ice for thousands of years. While they think it is abandoned, they soon discover that the ship is occupied by a very large and seemingly hostile alien being. During one altercation, the alien grabs a female scientist and force feeds her this brown mush, which later turns out to be "the perfect food", with everything a human body needs. Either on their own or because the alien shows them, they discover that the aliens species seeded earth with life. Someone in the expedition says that the alien may be god. Later they find out that the the aliens did seed earth, but they did it to harvest lifeforms, including humans, for food. They learn that the alien is like a farmer, left behind to monitor the development of life on earth, and that it has called its species to harvest humanity. It could've aired on UPN, WB (now CW), Fox or ABC. I was a lot younger, and can't remember anything else. Does anyone know the title of this movie? I would really like to see it again.

Is it Alien Hunter?

Or, Nightworld: Survivor?
 
Last edited:

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top