Is Juzzza trying to take over??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shan, I think you missed part of what Sammie said. Single JOBLESS mothers. We call 'em welfare queens. Rather live off the rest of us, mainly 'cause it pays better that most jobs.
 
Pfah I hate that. Welfare is great for those who need it.. but when people take advantage of the system... ooh I could throttle em.
 
Originally posted by Carmichael


THAT ain't no lie. Spending time with my niece has also caused me to have little interest in kids of me own. The nicest thing about other peoples kids is that they go home at night.

LOL d*mn straight, furry-face. :D My nephew is cute and smart but I figure if I have to deal with that 24-7? May not look so cute and smart any more... (j/k ;) )
 
Screw my life... I chose to create another so I should really take care of it. I love kids..

Ouch! Shan: take care of kids, yes. Love said kids, yes. Screw your life nope, never girl.

Society tries to force women into pigeon holes.

The "have it all mum" high flyer career woman multi tasking, running business, home, kids husband's carreer (lol). Has nanny in tow, designer clothes. Has take ways from the local Italian deli and drives a 4X4 in the city.

The stay at home earth mother, who encourages her offspring to express them selves (by allowing them to crayon on the walls and flood the bathroom) exists on rice, beans, wears hand knitted jumpers and has a push bike with a trailer on the back....

Most women exist somewhere inbetween. They have to work for some of the time during their offspring's childhood. If they are lucky they last at home until the child starts school, even lucker if it is longer. It helps the kid become independant, believe it or not (in my opinion) having someone there to listen to them is very important.

But some mothers can't spend these years with their children, due to the fact they need to work to live. Not to pay for the holiday abroad or the third car, which is in my opinion, just greed.

Something does give when you have kids, but it should never be the mother's life and mind.

But that doesn't mean the mother fades away and the height of her topic of conversation becomes the latest installment of Johnny's potty training and the goings on at Number 24!

There is nothing worse for a woman (in my opinion) for her to find she has been reduced to Joan or John's mother or Albert's wife. And when she hears herself referred to as such, it is like being hit round the head with a wet fish!


Sorry rant mode off.......:D
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately, I know what you mean, Hol.

I know one mother who had to take a job to complement her husband's pay in order to support the family. Unfortunately, that meant leaving the kids and this resulted in a pretty dysfunctional family (which thankfully managed to work itself out).

On the other hand, I know another mother who spent her whole life being the family's caretaker such that when things fell apart, she had to re-build herself after being a wife-and-mother for so long.

In today's day and age, things aren't that simple anymore...
 
Holbrook and Ehero - agree with you both.

My parents had quite disfunctional families and - as such - my own immediate family is very close... they didn't want the same thing to happen to me and my sisters that happened to them.

My kids are loved - immensely. Probably a little overspoilt by myself... but then I had to take their mother to court for SIX months to see them again. That sucked.

Good news is that everything is peachy now. Has been for a few years.

Carmy - my children are my legacy. THEY will haunt you as I have. :D

Solaar
knows where you live :D
 
Oh, of course! But a severe family illness seems to have tempered my brain right now! :(

Solaar
normal service will be resumed shortly
 
Ouch! Shan: take care of kids, yes. Love said kids, yes. Screw your life nope, never girl.

Thanks Holbrook! Really. :) You've geven me great advice and a lot to think about.
 
Shan... live a little or better still, live a lot! Travel, meet people, go places etc etc.
Plenty of time for rugrats later!
 
*sets up stand selling a variety of protective colognes*

(after taking a minute to work out how to spell it!! :))
 
Originally posted by kahnovitch
Shan... live a little or better still, live a lot! Travel, meet people, go places etc etc.
Plenty of time for rugrats later!

Oh i don't mean that i want to have kids now, i just mean that when i do eons from now i'm going to give it my all. :)
 
Originally posted by estranghero


Yes but are you wearing anti-Solaar cologne? :D :rolleyes:

Hmmm, gotta go check the label, back in a sec...

Da Bumpin Rodent
 
Originally posted by estranghero


Yes but are you wearing anti-Solaar cologne? :D :rolleyes:

The best anti-Solaar device involves big knickers, wrinkles, thick tights, gibbering rubbish and a weak bladder.

So maybe Carmy is alright...

Solaar
the fussy
 
I thought the best anti-Solaar device was a tranquilizer dart.

Watch it little boy, I don't do the weak bladder, tights, big knickers OR wrinkles. The gibberish only comes from talking to you...:D
 
Look, old man/gopher - I eat tranquilizer darts for breakfast!!

I pull enough of them outta my butt.

Solaar
the tranquil
 
Pesonally, I prefer buttered toast and milk for breakfast, but too each his own I guess.

Da Bumpin Rodent
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsors


We try to keep the forum as free of ads as possible, please consider supporting SFFWorld on Patreon


Your ad here.
Back
Top